Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 21. joulukuuta 2013

CWD: Rachel's Frustrations

Today December 21, 2013 is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year... here in the northern hemisphere... ;o) Doesn't that sound nice? From here on we will have more daylight...

Dec. 21, 1862 Rachel Young King Anderson wrote in her diary: We have had heavy rains since Mr. Anderson left and I fear he is water bound. This is the eleventh day since he left and I am so lonely. Another mammoth battle has been fought in Virginia in which the Confederates were victorious. Thousands of men are slain. Lord have mercy on us! Lord pity us. Is it not enough Thy wrath has been poured out upon us - Save or we perish. (quote from Civil War Diary Quilt written by Rosemary Youngs)

How did it go with you? I mean... did you have time to sew Rachel's Frustration and try the measurements, which I gave?

The measurements were quite right ;o)...

First I sewed the pinwheel unit for the middle part of the block. It should be 4 3/4" x 4 3/4".
Then I sewed two green triangles to the opposite sides of brown 2" x 2" square as shown in the photo. 

... I succeeded to finish my eighty-first block of CWD quilt. BRAVO! I have - only - forty blocks to go!

5. Rachel's Frustrations

Hmm... now I'm frustrated... I scanned the block with a piece of thread on it... looks messy!... sorry...
 
The next time we'll meet in a spirit of Civil War Diary blocks on New Year's Day... yes, you really read right... ON NEW YEAR'S DAY I'm going to show you TWO new CWD blocks...

I'm horrified - now already - with the block, which is shown on upper photo. There is many REALLY TINY pieces!!! IIIIIIKK!
So ELIN, if you read this and you see my horror, pleeeeease, help me!!!
How we'll sew that block? Is it paper piecing the best way?

Have a peaceful fourth advent... tomorrow!!!
... I'm planning to bake small potato pies, roast a ham (= some traditional finnish Christmas dishes)... and if Fenix is not too horrified with a spruce... we'll decorate our Christmas tree;o)

2 kommenttia:

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Jos se sinua kiusaava langanpätkä on kuvan vasemmassa reunassa, niin frustraatio nyt tiehensä: Minulla meni aika kauan ennenkuin sen löysin :D. Mukavia joulunaluspäiviä!

Tilkku & Tilkku kirjoitti...

Hyvää ja rauhaisaa joulua sinulle ja kaikille, jotka viettävät juhlaa kanssasi. Myös suloiselle kissallesi.