Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

keskiviikko 25. joulukuuta 2013

Celtic Solstice - Part 4

This week we are making green-orange FOUR-PATCHES! Tadaa!!!

I don't know...

...why this photo of my trip to Ireland - Rock of Cashel - occurred to me, when I laid out some units together... especially those four patches brought to my mind stone fences of Ireland. I don't know why?

I like Bonnie's way to guide us through her mysteries. Her clue 'lessons' are always very informative! She gives us many useful tips... for example, this week to make a perfect 4-patch. I think it's worth of reading the clue pages, even if you do not sew it now. At least I have learnt a lot during the mysteries, although I haven't sewn them before.

I didn't sew many test patches to get an exact 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" four-patch... I have learnt to 'read' my B's presser foot;o) But I'm sewing quite short strips together, because I don't trust that I'll sew longer strips straight enough...

 To date, I have sewn 52 / 120 four-patches... I'm almost in the middle way;o)

Shall we begin to sew the units together on Friday... exciting!!!

... before that I'll go and see the progress of other CS quilters, here.

Hugs, Smiles And Warm Fuzzy Feelings
to every one;o)

5 kommenttia:

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Ihanan hehkuvat värit! Ja jälleen kerran niin tarkkaa työtä. Epäilen, että sinulla on joku tuuman sadaskuudeskymmenesosa-lasermitta käytössäsi, kun kaikki palat tuntuvat osuvan just kohdalleen.

Dolores kirjoitti...

I love the fabrics you have used. I also like the way you put the photo beside the stitching - very impressive and surprising how they relate to each other.

Andee kirjoitti...

Your mystery parts are beautiful!

Vireya kirjoitti...

Lovely mystery pieces! It will be fun to see how Bonnie puts all these parts together.

Maria kirjoitti...

Beautiful fabrics, Satu!