Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

perjantai 18. helmikuuta 2011

CWD: Degradation

More mistakes...
KRR...

First Attempt: I tried to foundation piece block 72...
dissaster!
I didn't reverse the pattern, so all the pieces were in the wrong places.
- I got my lesson again!!! -
Second Attempt: there seems to be a shade of HOPE;) in the middle of degradation...

But let's read, what Emma wrote to her diary February 17, 1864 about degradation, before finishing the block.

One o'clock p.m. - Well, they are here. I was sitting in the back parlor , when I heard shouting of the troops. ---
--- I ran upstairs to my bedroom windows just in time to see the U.S. flag run up over the State house. O what a horrid sight! What a degradation! After four long bitter years of bloodshed and hatred, now to float there at last! That hateful symbol of despotism! I do not think I could possibly describe my feelings. ---
(quotes from Civil War Diary Quilt book by Rosemary Youngs)


Block 72. Degradation
I admit,
this block is the best of the CWD blocks in this week...
so the mistakes ARE very instructive
- ALWAYS -


Shall I learn something tomorrow...

2 kommenttia:

Karen kirjoitti...

I think anyone who has done paper piecing has made the same mistake. Your block turned out oh so nice!

Cheryl kirjoitti...

Beautiful block and in two of my favorite fabrics!!