Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

perjantai 3. tammikuuta 2014

Lost...

...but found on the island of Jersey?

It's time to start a new AYOS (= Another Year of Schnibbles) project. In the end of year 2013 Carrie Nelson published three new Schnibbles: Jersey Girl, Hook and Chicken Feet. I can't wait to sew them...

First I thought that it would be better, if I don't NOW start this month's Schnibbles, Jersey Girl... I have other projects... BUT, when I saw Tiinatei's gorgeous blue version of Jersey Girl block.. I decided not to wait!

I was bought two Midwinter Reds Charm packs for it... as many other quilter ;o), because it is really beautiful in red shades as Carrie made it. Maybe I want to try something else...

I remembered that I have two packs and some yardage of 'Jovial' by Basic Grey in Christmas fabrics box. I have always loved Basic Grey's Christmas fabrics! So why not use it!?! Great Idea!!?

And of course this is an excellent opportunity to use first time my new marker (or ruler): Omnigrid's Marking ruler!

Why? Because there is 144 HST units in this pattern and I want to make them as Carrie did them: eight HST units from two charms. Quick and clever! So I had to mark the sewing lines...

The ruler's center line is exactly 1/4" from both edges of ruler... the marking is now more easy;o)... Besides the markings of my current normal ruler are bit faded, it's difficult to see the necessary lines on it.

I took some photos, while sewing the first 4- patch...

only to refresh my memory, what I learnt from Bonnie about the 4-patches... during Celtic Solstice...
And the photos look so Christmassy... like a Christmas card.

Carrie told us to cut the narrow sashing strips (1" x 5") individually, but I prefer to do it this way: 

First I cut wider strips and cut them after to the desired width.

And I like to use pins, when I sew those narrow strips to hold them surely straight.

The block looks nice... I don't regret the fabric choice;o)

Hopefully I'll find my way back to Ireland... ;o) and you know why?

Have a lovely weekend!!!

3 kommenttia:

Dee kirjoitti...

I just ordered my pattern! I'm trying to decide what fabrics to do it in. It looks so beautiful in Mid-Winter Reds, but I love how your Jovial looks as well. I have a few days to decide before it arrives.

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

VAU! Sama blokki, mutta miten erinäköinen! Minulla on blokit ommeltu, huomenna ehkä välikaitaleisiin.

Päivi kirjoitti...

Kaunis väriyhdistelmä.