Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

tiistai 5. maaliskuuta 2013

Demanten på marssnön / The Boxer

As you see I can't stay away from the sewing room;o)

Jeni Baker from In Color Order is the designer of March at Aurifil. 
Her block is called "The Boxer", inspired by Simon & Garfunkel's song.

 If you remember, I decided to use some kind of diamond theme for the color of my blocks.
If you have wondered, why diamond
The truth is that Audrey Hepburn is one of my favorite actresses and because of that 'Breakfast at Tiffany' is one of my favorite movies. 

In March my diamond is aquamarine, which color varies from the light blue-green to dark blue. In astrology aquamarine is the power stone of Aquarius and Pisces. For the Boxer -block I found some delicious turquoise fabrics from my stash.

And one other thing, which inspired me choosing the diamond theme, is Jean Sibelius' song 'Demanten på marssnön'.
  Hm... quite far away from rock'n roll music, which is needed to inspire Aurifil BOM designers;o)
That idea became to me, when I choosed the fabrics for the first block (emerald).
So här är...

På drivans snö där glimmar
en diamant så klar.
Ej fanns en tår, en pärla,
som högre skimrat har.

On the drifted snow
a bright diamond glistens, 
more radiant than any
tear or pearl.



'Diamonds' on the March snow.

I'm happy that you stopped by here...
roliga veckan;o)

7 kommenttia:

Tilkkureppu kirjoitti...

Kaunis aguamarinen turkoosi blokki. Turkoosi on yksi lemppari väreistäni.

Dolores kirjoitti...

Your 'Precious Stones" blocks are lovely. It will make a beautiful quilt if you keep using diamonds as your theme.

Grit kirjoitti...

Wonderful blocks.

Liebe Grüße Grit

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Jalokivi-ideasi on loistava! Ja akvamariini niin kaunis. On tosi mielenkiintoista nähdä, miten eri kankaat vaikuttavat samaan blokkimalliin. Mukavaa päivää!

Deborah kirjoitti...

Such beautiful blocks!

Cheryl kirjoitti...

Your blocks are real jewels!

Paula kirjoitti...

Your block is beautiful, what a lovely color.