Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

perjantai 31. elokuuta 2012

ELOKUU - Jotain valmista OR OPAMs in August

I did it!
'Winter Vanilla' (55cm x 55 cm) is finished!!
Oh, do I hear some tiny applause ,o) 

I was thinking hard quilting figures.

First I thought of some kind of bare branches pattern, which I saw at Leah's blog. But it was difficult to sew in those small cream background areas. Even the practicing with the pen didn't helped... 

I almost gave up... until I figured and remembered the shape of vanilla flowers... and vanilla pod...


I'm pretty sure, if you think hard... you can see them here ;o) 

I quilted mainly with the white thread, only the vanilla pods are quilted with the brown variegated thread.






All the squares are 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"...
so the churn dash blocks are no more than 4 1/2" x 4 1/2". The churn dash blocks I stitched in the ditch.

The backing fabric is Antique 1800's Blends from In The Beginning fabrics. I love those graphic birds and flowers! The binding fabric is dusty green from one of the Lecien's collection.

Apparently you all are now tired of my stories about 'Winter Vanilla'... I promise you this was the last tale of it ;o)

This hexagon pincushion is my other OPAM in August.
Oh, I wish I could be more productive in the future!

But now
I wish you a great weekend;o)

PS. If you don't hear of me for a little while, it's a sign that my computer will be broken. Lately I have had big problems opening it. Maybe I must go to the computer shop instead of the quilt shop... hmmm...

4 kommenttia:

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Onpakaunis! Miten ihmeessä sait nuo pikkutilkut pysymään järjestyksessä ommellessasi, ei ole ainakaan minun vahvinta lajiani. Tikkaus sopii hyvin ja sen värivalinnat ovat just nappiin!

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Hei Satu,
you made sooo many finishes, you did really well.
KATRIN W.

bevbsews.blogspot.com kirjoitti...

Satu
The quilt is lovely. So many tiny pieces! I look forward to seeing more of your delightful projects.
Bev

Jen kirjoitti...

HI, Satu, WOW Yes you do hear applause, You are always busy and I love the vanilla quilting. The quilt is lovely