Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

perjantai 25. lokakuuta 2013

Loyal Union Sampler

This is what I did, when Fenix was watching birds...
I SEWED my first three Loyal Union Sampler blocks!!!

I could not resist a two-year-long quilt project after I saw Anne Ida's Loyal Union Sampler quilt. She also writes a lot of info about LUS on her blog. So I ordered Jennifer's LUS book (got it last Friday)...

... and I remembered that I have stored a perfect fabric line to use for this sampler quilt -
Moda 3 Sisters' Luna Notte. Yes, I'm doing again quite a romantic quilt...

Maybe you now wonder why this lasts two years? Actually it lasts over two years, because there is 121 blocks and I'm going to sew it as a BOW (= one block in a week) -style. The same style as I sewed Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks. In Yahoo is a LUS -group, but I'm not going to join it... at least not yet.

First FOUR blocks... from the upper left corner...

A-1 Abel's Favorite, B-2 Camp Curtain
K-7 Winged Square, D-9 Gerda's Puzzle... to the down right.

I don't know, what fascinates me in these samplers...
Maybe it is that the every block is it's own 'person' and I noticed that during the sewing of SBS blocks I learned much of different kind of quilting techniques. AND of course I learned to handle SMALL pieces;o) The blocks are again 6" blocks.

I gather all my LUS blocks on the same picture that you are able to follow my progress too;o) if you like... (I put it on blog's sidebar)


Of course we are writing notes during our life with LUS... 

as I wrote all down from the SBS journey...
later on, they have been fun to read... all those sewing errors and successes mixed with the notes out of my ordinary life...

... so these notes are for personal use only.


Hopefully you enjoy our journey with LUS as much as we!?! And of course it's not too late, if you like to join and sew these blocks with us... our LUS journey is just beginning!

Happy Stitching wherever you are!!!

4 kommenttia:

Cattinka kirjoitti...

A wonderful new project for you! I will enjoy watching you a lot. For me, these blocks have too many pieces and too many points,but I know you can sew these perfectly.
KATRIN W.

Dee kirjoitti...

That's a great idea to journal throughout making such a big quilt. I also like how you show the blocks you've done and their placement. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Elin kirjoitti...

So nice! I'm happy to make this quilt together with you! Could you tell me how to make this diagram?

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Ihana peite on tulossa. Hetken mietin, pitäisikö lähteä mukaan tekemään, mutta BOW-tahti ei nyt taida onnistua ja taitaisi mennä ikuisuusprojktiksi. Blogger yrittää selvästi pimittää postauksesi minulta, tämä postaus ilmestyi vasta eilen illalla listalleni, ja nyt on jo uusi tuossa yläpuolella