Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 16. joulukuuta 2012

Third Advent...


... and coasters for the blue lovers ;o)

 The idea for these mug blocks I got from Lori's Row along. She designed those cute cups of cocoa for the row 6. Her blocks are 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" without sashings.
 I think that size of the coaster would be a good one, so I reduced some of the pieces.

For example the cup piece is 3 1/2" wide x 4 1/2" tall rectangle and for easy corner triangles I cut 1" squares. The handle pieces I cut as Lori did, but I had to improvise a little when I sewed. The sashing strips are 1 " wide.

The finished coaster is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".
I'm sure I'll sew them more in someday. 
All Lori's Row along blocks have been fabulous so far... 
I only dream more time to... maybe next year...

with snowy greetings...

4 kommenttia:

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Your coasters look nice, you can use them as mug rugs! Thanks for the link to the "row along" I will go have a look right away.
KATRIN W.

Dolores kirjoitti...

The are lovely and a very useful item to have. Did Fenix assist?
I may just make a few for my daughters. Thanks for the idea.

Dolores kirjoitti...

The are lovely and a very useful item to have. Did Fenix assist?
I may just make a few for my daughters. Thanks for the idea.

Grit kirjoitti...

Oh they are so lovely.
Liebe Grüße Grit