Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

perjantai 12. kesäkuuta 2009

Bidding Goodbye


June 12, 1861 Rebecca Lorraine Richmond wrote in her diary

Francis and Julia Pierce, Mary and I rode out to Cantonment Anderson with Chester Hinsdill this afternoon, to witness the five o'clock dress parade for the last time. It was sad to me, but the soldiers seem to be in the highest spirits...

I was quite busy this afternoon and evening (all kinds of houseworks after work), but somehow I managed to sew this Civil War Diary block number 84... I'm now too in sort of the high spirit;)

... When the men were dispanded, they seemed perfectly wild with excitement, congratulating one another in the most hearty manner, cheering and singing... We conversed with and made adieu to, several of the officers...
(both quotes are from book CWD Quilt written by R. Youngs)

Fabrics I used are: Civil War Anthem by B. Brackman & T. Clothier (brown), Bonnie Blue Basics by P. Barnes (grey), tan is one fabric from Andover Fabrics and I still don't know the range or the manufacturer of the fabric with white tiny flowers on cream.

If you like to see more beautiful CWD blocks or want to read more notes from CWD book, visit at Elin's blog.

Next time (June 30) we will read - again - more sorrowful note from Isabella Buchanan's diary. And the block is 47.

But I'll be back with the other blocks before it...

Cheerful Weekend to you!

2 kommenttia:

Doina kirjoitti...

I like the things you have made and show on your blog!

Robin kirjoitti...

I just love the fabulous fabrics you are using for your Civil War blocks. They are so soft and lovely... I especially love all of the shades of grey and taupe you are integrating. You have such an amazing eye for color!