Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 21. helmikuuta 2009

I Did It...

... the first OPAM in February!

It's not a big achievement... but it always feel so good to finish even a small project;)))

CUTE as a BUTTON -pincushion is the design by Grabapple Hill Studio and it's the Pin Cushion of the Month -pattern. Exactly it was the second month's delivery. Now I have received six pin cushion kits. Other five are still filling my "I'll do on some day" -drawer;)

During the last week (despite hard week at the work and flu -again!:( Now I got some antibiotics from the doctor) I have continued sewing blocks to my WISP's:

1. I stitched the final block from Lynette's Noah's Ark. I'm pondering over colours of the stripe fabrics... Hmm... perhaps cream, brown and red...


2. I have sewed six super EASY blocks for my Dear /Blue Jane...

Blocks are
I2 Kaye's Courtyard
F3 Snowball
J7 Chicken Tracks

Tomorrow I'll sew the next ones and one triangle... if the medicine will work...


3. Today I had enough strength to finish this week's BOW from Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.

Luckily it was easy one too... E6 Jack in the Pulpit (bottom right). On the left is M9 King David's Crown - with it I spent much more time... and nearly lost my nerves. I had problems with measurements... Somehow I survived;)))

The third block is E5 Handy Andy. I'm not quite satisfied with my choice of the fabrics... It looks little bit too pale... But atleast now I'm not going to redo it...

So here was the latest tales from my sewing corner...

I'm happy that you joined me...

Ps. Some time ago I found (by the aid of Simone, THANK YOU, Simone!!!) a new free BOM called Baltimore Bliss. I have dreamed of Baltimore quilts for a long... Lately my applique skills are improved and I'll think it's time to try this one. I have already ordered some suitable fabrics from Kimberly. And the pattern is sooo tempting... Now I 'm leaving the computer and starting to watch WM -competitions... second round in skijumping...

2 kommenttia:

Stina Blomgren kirjoitti...

I know what you mean... so congratulations on your wonderful finish... I love this pincushion... :o)

Karen kirjoitti...

You do such nice piecing on your quilt blocks! I have enjoyed seeing what you are working on.