Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 14. maaliskuuta 2009

Dark Gloom

March 14, 1863 Rachel Young King Anderson wrote in her diary

Yesterday we heard heavy cannonading southwest, fighting somewhere near us. A double terror is reigning now. We are in the midst of desperate men in arms. (quote from the book The Civil War Diary Quilt by R. Youngs)

Rachel lived in Missouri close to the battlefields. Her brother had urged her to leave, but she was brave and refused. In the midst of the Civil War she began a school at her home, which at one time had as many as 25 students.


Block 9. Dark Gloom

That block was my 'battlefield' this evening.
When I choosed my fabrics I was so excited. I was certain it will be one of my favorites in this quilt... And YES, I'm still satisfied with fabrics, but I'm not pleased - at all - with my sewing skills... Seams are too zigzag... in finnish TAAS YKSI VIKURANTTI -ANTTIblokki...!!!! But I'm not going to redo it, at least not now. Perhaps tomorrow it will look better... I must told myself don't be too particular...

By the way... those lovely fabrics are Civil War VI by Nancy Gere (sugarplum/black), Meg's Bouquet by Jo Morton (dark mauve), Meadowsweet by Renee Nanneman (dark cream with paisley) and Mary Rose Coll. 13 by Quilt Gate (light cream).

Well, despite a little dissappointment 'the show must go on'... and I'm ready for...

Preparations for Smuggling

How thrilling;)))

2 kommenttia:

Elin kirjoitti...

Good work! I think I've done this one before. What was the next date?
Have a nice Sunday!

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

Satu, the block looks perfect, even when I enlarge the picture. But I know how it feels if it doesn't turn out the way you wanted it. Look at it again in a week and you will find it very pretty!
Have a lovely week (O: