Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

keskiviikko 29. lokakuuta 2014

CWD: A Day at the Fair & A Glorius Rainbow & Anxieties & Departing of the 19th Regiment

It is A wonderful feeling to notice that THIS is the last CWD block, which is sewn of the 1/4" strips!
I "hate" those narrow of the narrowest strips... sorry, really bad English...

... and believe or not, but there is plenty of them... in this book!!!!

Mainly among the block of the last few days...

Block 59. A Glorious Rainbow

 Block 4. Anxieties

Hmmm... Have I forgotten to sew them - on purpose?
and/or
Have I only pretended that I have been lazy?
Very good questions! ;)

 Block 105. Departing of the 19th Regiment

Höh, miksiköhän Fenix näyttää niin möreältä tässä kuvassa? Minustahan tuo blokki näyttää suht' onnistuneelta!

But anyway my skills of sewing the narrow strips has been clearly improved during these CWD block years.

For example here is block 23. Death Penalty...

  sewed in April 15th, 2011.

The width of the strips varies... a lot!!!! IIIK!!!!
 Please, don't look at it too close.... maybe it is like that on purpose ;D

Tällä viikolla huomasin, että olen oppinut ommellessani 3/4":n levyisiä kaitaleita yhteen katsomaan 1/4" paininjalan vasenta reunaa oikean sijaan. Sillä tavoin yhteen ommelluista kaitaleista tulee huomattavasti tasalevyisempiä... ja blokeistakin oikean kokoisia ;)

Se, mikä - ehkä eniten -sampler-töissä viehättääkin minua on, että lähes joka blokin myötä oppii jotain uutta!
No, ehkä vähän liioitellusti sanottu, mutta on niissä oma viehätyksensä..

Before the end of this fun I'll get to test my ability of foundation piecing.

There are only four blocks...

OhMy... Am I feeling :( or :D?

HAPPY and BOOKY HALLOWEEN time to YOU!!!!!!


3 kommenttia:

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Your blocks loog good, I mean all the blocks, also the ones with the narrow stripes, and I have to be right, because Fenix approves too.
I am happy to see you are busy sewing again!
KATRIN W.

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Sinun blokkisi ovat paljon kauniimpia kuin kirjan kuvissa! Liekö kuvien tömäköillä väreillä tarkoitus selventää blokkia, mutta värit niissä ovat aika karmeita. Jaa, en osaa kuvitella itseäni ompelemassanoin kapeita kaitaleita...

Jenny kirjoitti...

The blocks are very nice. Glad to see Felix is still watching you sew.