Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 12. kesäkuuta 2011

NO Life Without... a Fan

Last week... it was quiet in our sewing room...
 

It was and still is...
all too HOT weather to be inside... and sew and iron with steam... especially in the evenings after sultry working day...

 
Fortunately someone has invented a FAN... and I decided to buy it! ... although now I'm in a trouble and I have to uncover this: 

it's only laziness, if I say,  it's too hot to sew;) 
But I'm allowed to be lazy... atleast sometimes... am I???

As I told earlier I haven't done much in this week...
... just prepared the next block for My Whimsical Garden...


... and this morning... I sewed TWO blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler...


Blocks were M-4 Jack in the Box and L-4 Bride's Bouquet.
All ten blocks for the M -row are now ready... totally it's my third finished row for SBS...
and there is ONLY 25 blocks left...
And a lot of work with sashings ahead....
Shall I use white, cream or darker fabric???... Have you any ideas????

After all finishing the top of the SBS is a good goal for the next year;)
But before that there is other tales to tell


... I'm happy you had a time to visit... and read...

Here we are


Waiting for COOLer WEEk...

2 kommenttia:

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

You don't really seem to be that lazy to me, Satu! And if so, yes, you are definitely allowed to be lazy once in a while.
Hope the fan really cooled you down. How special, that it is warmer with you than in Spain!
Have a lovely and cooling down week.

Anne Ida kirjoitti...

Woohoo! You only have 25 blocks to go, and then you can get the top for your beautiful SBS together! You did a great job on those two blocks today! Hope you find the perfect sashing fabric - I think I would go with something light - the colours you have used in your blocks are so delicate, so nothing to compete with/draw attention away from the blocks themselves. So light sashings - and might I suggest a dusty blue or an oldfashioned rose coloured fabric for cornerstones? ...makes the rows soooo much easier to line up!

Hope the fan keep you cool! Here we are finally having the sun poke through after days and days of rain.

Take care, and happy quilting!
Hugs and stitches from me