Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

torstai 30. huhtikuuta 2009

Picket Lines

I promised to sew the next block of the CWD today, on the last day of April... where did April vanish...

Block 101. Picket Lines

Some day in April 146 years ago, Susie King Taylor wrote in her diary

We were here a few weeks, when Company E was ordered to Barnwell plantation for picket duty. Some mornings I would go along the picket line, and I could see the rebels on the opposite side of the river. Sometimes as they were changing pickets they would call over to our men and ask for something to eat, or for tobacco, and our men would tell them to come over. (quote from Civil War Diary Quilt written by R. Youngs)

I used these fabrics: blue is from Miniatures coll. by N. Gere, mustard is Cover Story by Thimbleberries (RJR) and line of the cream fabric is unknown to me.

I'll be back with the next block (33) on May 10th...

PS. April went by so soon that I have only one finished project... the fabric basket! Am I dissappointed? Yes, a little...

3 kommenttia:

Elin kirjoitti...

Nice block! I'm afraid I'm behind now, since I try frenetically to catch up with my dear Janes...but by May 10th I may be ready for another CWD block. See you!

Karen kirjoitti...

Great block!

Karen kirjoitti...

You do such nice piecing work on your blocks. And I like that you share the information about what fabrics you used.